Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Believe it or not, this is Jalie 2911. I originally began this shirt two days ago, intending to make it exactly like the pattern, but the fabric I used didn't have enough stiffness, and the collar flopped around and looked strange. So, I modified it and I like the result. I re-drafted the whole collar piece, cinched in the center, and now have a new shirt for winter. It looks a little Star-Trek, but I like it anyway.
I got the fabric from Wal-Mart. They had 5-yard bolts of fabric for $5, so I got the following:
The top is the very soft knit fabric that I made the shirt out of, then a dark blue twill that feels like cotton and will eventually become a new skirt, and the final fabric is thin cotton, and appears a little more purple in person. The purple will be a new dress for next summer. I loved the blue dress I made earlier this year! It was super comfortable and I wore it a lot, so I want to make another one to keep me cool next year.