Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big Bag




Well, I haven't done much sewing lately. Since my last post, I have been pretty busy with my day job, as well as having developed an obsession with No Knead Bread. I have also spoken in front of 10,000 people. Really. And I didn't faint or run off the stage crying or even have my mind go blank. It reminded me of all those years ago when I had to give current events speeches in History class. My teacher ALWAYS took off points for standing on one leg like a flamingo, but that's how I coped with my shyness. And yes, I even stood on two feet while I was talking to all those people. Count your victories where you can, people!
So I haven't been able to lug out the old machine and get things made. Until yesterday. I needed a big bag for holding my laptop and other work-related stuff. But, I didn't just want an ordinary bag you could find at Wal-Mart. I made the big version of the Pink Chalk Studio bag I made for my friend Joy.

I got the brown-with-dots canvas at JoAnn, and used the bird fabric I was saving for another friend's baby. (My friend would much prefer something with brown in it.) I like how all of the fabrics go together, even the scrap of polka-dotted stuff I used for pockets. The big version of this bag has a zipper pocket, two non-closed pockets, and goes across the body.

Did I mention big? Check out how huge it looks on me!
Plenty of room for a laptop, a sheaf of pens, and anything else I need to keep organized. I could also sneak in a loaf of No Knead Bread, if I wanted to. Just keeping my options open...

No comments:

Post a Comment