Thursday, March 25, 2010

Laptop Case


This is my new Dell 11Z. It has an 11-inch screen and is perfect for lugging around, which I will fully experience when I move to central Illinois for a month to do my job. Last year, I had a 17-inch monster, which we call "The Beast," for my work. The screen was nice for viewing photos, but the thing weighed so much I had black and blue marks from the case smacking me in the leg when I walked. Not so with this new baby!
But, the new baby needed a case so I could bring it with me to another advertising extravaganza this weekend. I will be staying in a hotel with my husband (the kids are with Grandma). All in all, between the new laptop and the weekend away, this is turning out to be an awesome job. I am trying not to think too much about talking to 10,000 people again. It should be fun.
So, anyway, the new case- I cut a rectangle of fabric, 23 1/2 inches by 14 inches, out of some canvas I had in my stash.

Then I cut two more rectangles out of soft t-shirt knit and batting,

sandwiched the whole thing together, and sewed it up, leaving a hole to turn it right side out. Once it was right side out, I topstitched it, sewed up two sides, and put on some velcro to keep the flap down.
This was a super quick, easy project, and now I can keep my new laptop in it's scratch-free condition as long as possible.
Ain't it pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment