Saturday, December 19, 2009

Decorating for Christmas


We decorated for Christmas last week, and I finally framed this series of prints from an old magazine from the 50's. This one is my favorite. I think it is the way the sky looks striped, and the colors.




This is our 8 1/2 foot tree. It smells wonderful! We let the boys decorate as far up as they can reach, and then I do the top with the fragile ornaments. Last year, my younger son was big into organizing, so he put all of the same ornaments together in stripes. (He was 5 at the time, and we began planning his life as an accountant then.)I made the boys their traditional Christmas jammies out of penguin fabric and put them under the tree until Christmas Eve.


The big box shown here is my super-secret gift, a Kitchenaid stand mixer I've been wanting for a few years now. I can't wait to open it and get cooking!


The best decoration of all, my handsome husband! Behind him are the birthday flowers he bought me yesterday. So, we are ready for the holidays. Once December 26th comes, I'll get back to sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment